As a first-time manager, it is difficult to run a one-on-one. The uncertainty of what my repartee would think is so high right now, and I wanted to get some help on the best questions that I can ask during a one-on-one meeting.
Here are some of the questions I have curated already. These are general and a pool of such questions would help me a lot:
- Do you have anything to talk about?
- For the issues you mentioned, what solutions do you think would be a home-run for you?
- How do you think I can do better as a manager?
- What are your biggest time wasters in your everyday work?
- What is the one thing that annoys you the most in the team?
- Where do you think you can improve? Can we track some metrics around it?
- Do you have all the resources to work on the project comfortably?
More to come. It would be great if you can help me here. The scenario here is not just to get feedback from my peers about me, but to know how they feel working with me. These one-on-one happens every month.