It is given that a success of an employee in a new company purely depends on how their first day goes in the company. That would set the path for the rest of their time at a particular company.
I wanted to get your help on a few things to design a Day #1 for every employee:
- How was your first day at your company? What did you like and dislike about that day? (Can you talk a bit about the way you were introduced to the team, how your peers welcomed you etc.,)
- What are some of the things that you think companies should do during the first day of a new hire?
- Anything else that you think should be done during the first day of a new hire?
I’m collecting this to design an open source Day #1 playbook for new hires. Here are some of the factors I think we should take into consideration:
- What happens after a new hire accepts the offer letter?
- When should they show up?
- Where should they show up?
- Where can they find their NDA and other official documents?
- Who should they contact for administrative stuff? (like email setup, chat setup or other internal tools setup)
- Who is the contact person to walk them through the product lines, services and other things about the company?
- Where to find the employee handbook?
This thread is still in progress. Will keep adding some more pointers as we work together on this.